On September 4, 2014 main (Alexander Samokutyayev, Roscosmos, Elena Serova, Roscosmos, Barry Wilmore, NASA) and back-up (Gennady Padalka, Roscosmos, Mikhail Korniyenko, Roscosmos, Scott Kelly, NASA) crews finished their complex preflight examination trainings in GCTC.
The main crew was having training on Soyuz TMA-M spacecraft simulator. In the course of the training flight the cosmonauts had to face and cope with several off-nominal situations listed on examination card:
– Separation contact failure;
– Local vertical infrared sensor failure during orbital maneuver completion;
– Kurs approaching system failure at 5 km distance from the ISS;
– Oxygen line depressurization in the course of preparation for undocking;
– Central computer failure during de-orbit burn
– Primary guidance loop failure before entering the atmosphere
At the same time the back-up crew was passing exams on Russian ISS segment simulator. Gennady padalka, Mikhail Korniyenko and Scott Kelly face the following off-nominal situations at that:
– VHF-1 transmitter failure;
– “Vozdukh” atmosphere revitalizing system vacuum pump failure;
– Fire onboard Russian ISS segment with urgent escape
Examiners gave the both crews highest marks. Professionalism, good theoretical knowledge and skills of training participants proved their readiness for the space flight.